Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
In order to assist the return and reintegration process, Aid to Church in Need (ACN) has decided to focus on people’s housing needs via advocacy, financial and managerial contributions. This assistance shall involve working directly with leaders from the three main Christian rites, the Chaldean Catholics, Syriac Catholics and Syriac Orthodox (the Assyrians are not included as they are not present in the Nineveh Plains), while coordinating with other stakeholders, especially those with similar objectives.
Agreement among ACN and the three rites to work towards common goals and objectives based on shared understanding of the context and response strategy.
Creation of the Nineveh Reconstruction Committee (NRC), made up of members of the three rites and three members recommended by ACN, who shall agree on its Terms of Reference and the definition of its members’ respective responsibilities.
Nineveh Reconstruction Committee (NRC) Actions
- Coordination among members through consensual agreement in pursuit of common goals, statements and objectives.
- Coordination with relevant authorities at the Church, local, governorate, regional, and national levels.
- Where possible communication with common message towards international community.
- Ensure fairness in selection process: who receives assistance and how much is allotted.
- Ensure transparency in the assistance distribution process.
- Ensure transparency in reporting process.
- Preparation of baseline surveys and other relevant communication information necessary for campaign and advocacy work.
- Coordination assistance for donor missions to affected villages.
Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) Actions
- Preparation of communication tools/products (baseline surveys and other relevant information) necessary for communication with benefactors and external stakeholders.
- Fundraising for NRC projects according to ACN mandate.
- Communication to the Vatican and relevant local Church authorities.
- Advocacy at national and international levels calling for the effective promotion and protection of the rights of Iraqi minority groups, including Christians – either alone or in cooperation with like-minded organizations.
- Advocacy and facilitation of direct interactions between the local Church authorities (Patriarchs, Bishops etc in Iraq) and the international community (governments, international institutions such as the UN and EU) to encourage political and financial assistance to the Iraqi government and the Kurdish regional authorities to support the rehabilitation of return communities’ infrastructure, social services and security – and thereby the return of refugees and IDPs.
- Organization of donor missions to affected villages.
- Contribute to the good functioning of the NRC.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.