Memorandum of Understanding for Establishment of Nineveh Reconstruction Committee (NRC)
WHEREAS, the Christian Churches of the Nineveh Plain (hereinafter the “Churches”) desire to facilitate the return of their respective peoples to their ancestral communities from which they were expelled during the ISIS conflicts of 2014-17, and;
WHEREAS, in order to fund their return the Churches, through their authorized leaders, seek the financial assistance and managerial expertise and support of the NGO Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) in order to obtain access to established aid giving organizations, states, and entities throughout the world:
NOW, THEREFORE, the undersigned authorized leaders hereby enter into this Memorandum of Understanding for the Establishment of the Nineveh Reconstruction Committee (NRC) under the following terms and conditions:
1. Creation of the Committee: The Churches shall establish a working Committee known as the Nineveh Reconstruction Committee (NRC).
2. Makeup of the Committee: The NRC shall consist of nine (9) members as follows:
- Fr. Andrzej Halemba: Acting Chairman
- Mr. Aimery de Vérac: Committee Finance Adviser
- Mr. Stephen Rasche: Legal Counsel
- Mr. Noor Sabah Al Kanna: Syriac Orthodox Church
- Mr. Zaid Al Niser: Syriac Orthodox Church
- Fr. Salar Kajo: Chaldean Catholic Church
- Mrs. Ann Razoky: Chaldean Catholic Church
- Fr. Georges Jahola: Syriac Catholic Church
- Fr. Behnam Benoka: Syriac Catholic Church
3. Establishment of Bank Accounts: Each of the Churches shall establish a bank account for the purpose of receiving funds generated through the efforts of ACN and the NRC.
4. Coordination of Lobbying Efforts: Each of the Churches shall operate in good faith with all other members of the NRC to coordinate lobbying efforts for securing of financial aid from established aid giving organizations, states, and entities throughout the world.
5. Distribution of Proceeds: Proceeds of funds raised by the efforts of the NRC shall be distributed to each of the Churches based upon the results of the joint survey of reconstruction needs as conducted by ACN and the Churches.